Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Do not cross this line

Before I began my week or so off work, some new people moved into our office. Based on past experience with others, I made it quite clear that when I returned, I expected to find my work space as I left it. Nothing moved, nothing taken, and nobody sub-letting or otherwise occupying it.

They took it to heart. I came back to this;-

Police line
Okay, it's on my phone camera and not good, but you get the idea. Anyway, it's atmospheric, like one of those sneaky hand-held news pics. My portion of the office was draped with black and yellow tape, you know, "Crime scene, do not cross" stuff.

Fat lot of good though, my stand-alone PC had all the connections removed and the mouse has vanished. Apparently in delivering a brand new PC (seen in the pic among the tape) out IT could not tell the difference between an old networked unit and a so-old-its-off-inventory unit recovered for me to test work on. I might have to get forensics in to track down the missing mouse.

But other than that, a good ROFL is welcome, right back after holidays. Nobody has owned up to it but I think it's an outside job, nobody I work with has a sense of humour that they are aware of.

3 Comments:

Blogger SwitchFX said...

Hey John!

It's been a long time since I've read your blog, don't e-shoot me now LOL!

I hope all is well, nice funny gag your co-workers did. Could have asked them to throw in a dozen dough nuts.

See you around buddy.

Alex (Pepper)

10:00 PM  
Blogger SwitchFX said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:01 PM  
Blogger DadB said...

Hi Alex! No, the heartless swine forgot the doughnuts, I must do something unsubtle to them...

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home