Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Oh noes! Googlez r watchin me!

I think in view of this up to the minute technical report I can be forgiven if I lapse into txt or l33t. Or even lolcat. But Googlez r in my street, photoing my house. O hai, Googlez!

Current affairs shows can now reveal that Google Is Spying On You, and they eagerly await widespread Pavlovian responses so they can tell us next that as we exclusively brought to you yesterday, there is widespread concern about privacy issues. Google already have all that covered, Current Affairs Shows, get up to speed (e.g. read this)! Meanwhile, I joined the thousands of Aussies more interested in taking a new look at their streets online, and checking out old haunts. If it ain't on the internet it ain't real, after all.

After exhausting the obvious I worked my way down to old schools. My old high school was alive and well, I was slightly delighted to find;

Enfield High
The church on the hill which tried valiantly but without much success to turn me into a good little CofE person is there too, which is nice, as it's old and historic, something I can identify with.

St Clements
... but the rectory next door is being demolished or renovated. Holy Sixties, Batman, I went through that structure when the plaster still smelled wet, when Rev. Fleming was moving in!

C of E Rectory
And now the sad bit. The Infant School where I went for grades 1 and 2 is gone - now it's houses and a small reserve.

Blair Athol Primary, not seen in this pic
Couldn't Google just once have been really out of date with its images? I know it would be a popular move, at least one other person has voiced the same dismay as myself!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean Burford said...

That's great. I was hoping that Australia would have street view soon.

I can't wait until Today Tonight try to beat a story out of it.

7:44 AM  
Blogger DadB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:41 PM  
Blogger DadB said...

OK, reposted when I saw my typos...
They already tried, pretty much in the tone I posted. And as I posted there will be Pavlovian responses, but personally I don't see grounds for most of us to be excited. Tabloid Current Affairs irritate me.
Everyone I know is having fun stickybeaking, and no doubt others are having fun stickybeaking at us.
Anyway, I have always wanted a good pedestrian simulator.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog

Birthday Sms
www.esmsfun.com

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home